Zebras For Sale Derbyshire

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Zebras For Sale Derbyshire

Post by Rob »

Check this out.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... 3&de=13308

Sounds fair enough, and not a bad proce considering.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Why am I so far away from you :( I could really do with the four females he's got, and would be willing to pay the price too. What can I do being so far away though :?
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi McEve,
I thought you knew a dealer who could get large Zebras !!!
Regards,
Des
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The import is not going to happen, as he didn't get enough preorders
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi McEve,

I think that you'll probably find that he couldn't get the zebras because of the embargo and not the preorder story he fed you, I suspect that he is trying to save face. I have seen shipments that contained only 4 or 6 fish on a number of occassions. I've been fed this line a couple of times myself, I have a technique to root out such characters. I'll ring a supplier and make my enquiry and the following day my cousin does the same, by the way he is a new zebra recruit. We then compare stories, you'll be amazed at how different they often are.

If you don't have L046 say so!! I don't want L???, L??? or even L??? don't waste my time and stop mailing me lists that contain everything under the sun except zebras. :x Sorry for venting my frustations in public guys.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Adam Happy new year!

The story is true. I know the guy :) He said in advance that he wouldn't do the import if he didn't get a certain number of preorders when he announced that he would do it. The reason why is that he wouldn't get the promised price if he didn't order a certain amount, and then the Zebras would be much more expensive to sell. Considering he lives in Bergen he has a limited market there as well, so he would have to take the shipping cost to the customers into consideration as well. They would be too expensive for people.

When he did the last imort he had lots of preorders as well, but several people changed their mind when the shipment came, even though he did deliver at the promised price. The result was that he got trouble getting rid of the fish, and ended up selling them to retailers instead. He woved never to sell to private buyers again after that, but a year later he decided to give it another go after all, as lots of people were asking him to do it.

It's a shame..... people always wants them when they're not available seems like, but when the time comes they don't want to spend the money after all :P
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

McEve i know im a bit late on this here, to mainy forum and not enough hours, but can you not get cheap flights accross? Would be worth it for the right fish. You could have worked it in with a small holiday.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I have considered that, but I'm not sure they will allow the fish on board, and smugglling things onto a plane is no easy task these days :roll: I could take a ferry, but I'm scared that would take to long for the fish.

See, I have considered alternative possibilities, that's how desperate I am :lol:

But for sure, I'd be willing to strech a long way for the right fish :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

All the adults are gone McEve, I was looking at them in my cousins tank the other day there are definately 2 males and 4 females. Looks like he has been bitten by the zebra bug too. I'm currently in negotiations with him about joining the two colonies.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Adam :)

If I had as many Zebras as you do, or I had two males and 4 females, then I would separate them into smaller groups, in smaller tanks. Experience so far point to only one male in any group being the alpha male and being allowed to spawn.

It might not be so, we're learning new things all the time, but as it is today this is what I'd do :)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Adam,
I totally agree with McEve.From what we have so far heard, that more success was to be had in small groups rather than huge "colonies".
If I were your cousin I would split his into two groups of one male and 2 females in each group, especially since thay have bred with the previous owner,Alan, who I had also contacted by e-mail.(but your cousin got there first)
My male still has his female trapped. Been nearly a week now.Although he leaves for his supper, she tends to stay in the cave instead of coming out for a stretch.
Regards,
Des.
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Do you know if this chap has any of his smaller zebras left? I tried emailing but got no reply.

Cheers

Tom
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi guys,

Des/McEve I have plans to split the whole colony up into smaller groups of 3 to 4 , only juvenilles will remain in the main tank.

Tom2600, I think that Alan still has some young zebras available. If I remember correctly he can ship them for an additional £25, UK only.