Dr Gribb's caves for L134s &/or L260s?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Dr Gribb's caves for L134s &/or L260s?

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi

Would Dr Gribb's caves be suitable for my L134s when they are fully grown? I also have some L260s would these same caves work for these guys as well?

Cheers

Tom
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Tom 26000,
When adult the two species are different sizes, therefore the breeding caves I believe would need to be different sizes.
Caves for hiding in can be any size as long as the fish can get in. I use a lot of pieces of pond ribbed flexible pipe, which sinks naturally.
It would be quite easy to make your own breeding caves ,if you have access to an electric tile cutter and some natural (not synthethic) roofing slate or flooring slate tiles and some silicone.
Internal Dimensions as Barbie has previously stated are:
Length :one and a half times length of adult fish
Width:width of fish +width of one pectoral fin
Height:Height of body of fish + a little extra
Regards,
Des :lol:
dr_gribb

Re: Dr Gribb's caves for L134s &/or L260s?

Post by dr_gribb »

Tom2600 wrote: Would Dr Gribb's caves be suitable for my L134s when they are fully grown? I also have some L260s would these same caves work for these guys as well?
The caves need to be tailored to the right proportions to fit a specific species. There are always exceptions to the cave/proportion rule. One cant be sure that the fish has read the same books as us.

The caves shown in the picture are “Ancistrus” sized, and are used buy my L135 gang. I also use the same caves in my Ancistus tank.

For the L260 I’ll recommend the smaller cave, as L260 is about the same size as L046 (90mm vs. 80mm). The caves do very a bit, and the roomier “L046-caves” vould be perfect.

Well, today is the day! I’m off to make caves!