Fluidised Bed With BCN009PLUS

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Fluidised Bed With BCN009PLUS

Post by Rob »

hi everyone

seen this on ebay, the last lot went for about £50 including P&P, and I was wondering if any of you had used it before.

100 litre bag of BCN009PLUS

I like the idea of it acting as a fluidised bed in my sump, but htere's a little bit of me saying stay with the siporax and bioballs!

rob
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Rob,

I missed this one, I must admit that I haven't come cross this stuff before. Pretty much anything can be chopped up and made into filter media. That said I would personally stick to media that has a proven track record, siporax and other similar splintered glass media is going to be hard to beat for surface area that can be colonised by bacteria.

Presumably you are going to use the bioballs as a "settling" media in the first chamber(s) of your filter and the siporax will be used as biological media elsewhere.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Pretty much that. Prefilter sponges on all tank overflows, then into medium oscilated foam, then into filter wool, into bioballs mixed with the fluidised filter media, and out the other side!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"