Eheim thermos for sale on ebay

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

DasArab
Obsessed!!

Eheim thermos for sale on ebay

Post by DasArab »

This is a great price!! I paid £192 for mine, bear in mind though you'll need about £50 to fill them with media though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 34205&rd=1
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Yes i saw them too, looks like a bargain to me, but i was just wondering would i benifit at all by adding another one off these filters too my tank as i already have a 2028 which is the same size without the thermo,i have it on a 30 uk gallon tank and these filters are supposed to handle 132gallons so would i be right in thinking that the tank doesnt have a big enough waste load to warront the amount off media i.e 2 filters
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Yes you are right, butif you were thinking about a bigger tank in the future it might be worth, sorry IS a great buy.

WOW i thought i had a small tank for my 2128, 44 gallons.
Adam

Post by Adam »

That sure is a great price Ewee, the sceptic in me is wondering what's wrong with it. I've had a couple of bad experiences with ebay purchases and I am very wary as a consequence, I still buy off ebay every now and then but I go through all the sellers feedback.

Dan, Ewee has a good point there, if you were to ever upgrade to a bigger tank you would be good to go on the filteration side of things. I've got a 2128 and a 2217 on my zebra tank which is only 44 gals, all of my tanks have two canister filters on them. I once had a fluval pack on me and I lost half of the fish in the tank, if you double up on the filters you can safeguard against this sort of disaster. Another plus point for having 2 filters is that you can really clean the filters thoroughly and not worry about killing off too much bacteria. I clean alternate filters every 6 weeks this ensures that 1 filter is always running with a good bacteria load.

You're right in saying that the waste load doesn't warrant a second filter, it's probably true but I think that the benefits to be had by having a second filter can not be ignored. The only possible problem I can see would be a heavily populated tank which is also heavily filtered, under these conditions there could be a lack of O2 due to the filter bacteria and fish competing with each other.

One last thing don't pay too much attention to those manufacturer flow rates, once youve packed out your filter with media and its collected waste from your tank it will be no where near the quoted rate. Remember that the more clogged a filter becomes the more efficient it will be as the water contact time with the filter media is increased, obviously you shouldn't let them become too clogged as you could suffer a bacteria die off.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

WARNING

Be careful buying anything from this guy, ive sent him £100 for a 2028, and i have sent him several emails asking him to confirm payment and when i should be expecting the goods but he hasnt returned any off them. and he has accepted the payment through paypal as ive checked, i didnt go through ebay as the item wasnt on there i saw the 2128 and sent him a question on ebay where he said that he had 1 left so i did the transaction out off ebay via paypal. :oops:

Does anybody know were i stand legaly if he is a wrongen

(hopefully he will make me wrong)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dan,

If you made your purchase with a credit card via paypal you could get your credit card company to go after him. I had to do this with Dabs once, Royal mail lost £300 worth of computer kit and Dabs were refusing to replace it. After 6 weeks I got Master Card involved and I soon got my replacement kit after that. If you paid by bank trasfer you might be looking at civil action, I wouldn't bother as this will cost bucks. Just put it down to experience and make sure that you post some negative feedback for the seller involved so that other people don't get caught. He may yet come through with your stuff, some sellers are quick to take your money but extremely slow to dispatch the goods and most are notorious for not replying to emails.
wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

It doesn't matter if it was off of Ebay.
PayPal has a 30 day time limit on breached contracts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but check into Paypal Buyer Protection. All this information is on the PayPal website. Go to
https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow
This is the "Merchandise Dispute-Buyer Protection" page. You need to enter your transaction ID and file a claim. You are on your way. There is also the "Buyer Complaint Process"
I need to back up a bit, if the guy has a "Paypal Buyer Protection" icon on his auctions, (does not need to be Ebay), you are guaranteed to get your money back up to US$500. If not, then you go through the "Buyer Complaint Process".
Just make sure you are under the 30 days. I got burned that way. They guy sent me the wrong product and I could not claim because he DELIBERATELY waited over 30 days to send it. I got it 2 days after the 30 day cut off. So file now.
Good luck.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Thanks guys
Hopefully he will come up with the goods or i will go down that road.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Aw jobbie man sorry for putting you up to this, im really sorry. I hope the guy supplies the filter asap.

Was it the same guy that was selling the filter i posted? Whats his email? I'll send him an email myself.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

I got the filter this morning so i was wrong about him thank god.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Thank god for that Dan. :D