Who is able to ship to South Africa

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Rowland
Forum Follower

Who is able to ship to South Africa

Post by Rowland »

Hi all

I am so envious of you folk on this forum. I hope you realise just how lucky and priviledged you are even to have access to L 46's. We have never seen the fish in the flesh in South Africa. If there is anyone out there with a pair, or some juveniles that they are willing to part with, I would be most greatful. Being so far away poses a problem not only in flight times, but also shipping costs. I really hope there is someone out there able to help me...

Rowland
Rowland
Forum Follower

Post by Rowland »

Pretty please!!!
This species has become an absolute obsession with me. I have the entire Cape Town South Africa looking!! I am even dreaming about the critters...scary hey!!
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I wish I could help...

If your desperate you could try bluectriscal in the commercial sales section. He's based in Germany but has flown them over to the UK for several buyers, he may be willing to try South Africa?
plecoman1000

international shipping

Post by plecoman1000 »

I might be willing to ship airport to airport in a few months when the babies are old enough. Although I'm sure it would be very expensive to ship from US to South Africa.
Rowland
Forum Follower

Post by Rowland »

Hi Plecoman
Wow! You have made my day!! I know its a long way off and all the details are still unaddressed, but for the first time it seems like there is some light at the end of the tunnel....just hope its not an oncoming train...

Best regards
Rowland
plecoman1000

No problem

Post by plecoman1000 »

Yeah I think it is possible to ship them to cape town after my babies are 5 or 6 months old. I will have to check with the different airlines and see who is willing to garuantee a freight shipment that would arrive within 24 hours. Other than that I think it is possible as long as you're willing to assume the shipping costs. Thanks.
Trevor.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The problem will be permitting and making sure that they're a species allowable for import on the far end, not the actual process of getting them shipped to South Africa. That's the problem with shipping fish out of the country most places, actually (besides European ones with somewhat more open borders).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Rowland
Forum Follower

Post by Rowland »

Hi Barbie

You are right, one does need a permit to import fish into South Africa. Infact I need a permit from the Department of Nature Conservation to say I may bring that species in and I also need a permit from the department of agriculture to say that their water is free of plant, algae matter and snails.

Got all of these already...I am dead keen on them!!

Rowland
plecoman1000

Good point Barbie

Post by plecoman1000 »

I have the import/Export liscence from US fish and Wildlife. So as Long as everything is a go on Rowland's end then we shouldn't have any problems.

Trevor
Rowland
Forum Follower

Post by Rowland »

Thanks very much!

Could we start by looking at stock costs for youngsters and adults please. Are you able to ship directly to Cape Town, or via Johannesburg? What are the shipping rates per kg?

Thanks a stack for even starting the ball rolling and making this a reality....

Rowland
plecoman1000

Just send me an e-mail

Post by plecoman1000 »

Rowland here is my e-mail address: Sk8rboy1000@hotmail.com. Just send an e-mail entitled Zebra pleco, and I'll know it's not junk mail. Thanks
Trevor
mooloo

Post by mooloo »

What about shipping some to new zealand? :lol:
Every day above ground is a good day.
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Hi Mooloo,

Can't do New Zealand...but I know of someone selling them in Aus who has some for sale at the moment, 5 I think. If your interested pm me and I'll pass you his name and number.....
Rowland
Forum Follower

Post by Rowland »

Hi Trevor

Did you get the mail I sent you a few weeks back? Just forwarded it again.
Take care
Rowland