Which Tank?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

Which Tank?

Post by Adam »

I'm looking to buy another tank soon. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good manufacturer, I'm looking for a well equipped tank that looks good too. I have one made by effects, alluminium frame and hood, another is made by Eheim and the other two are so old I can't remember what make they are. I was thinking of a Juwel or a Rena, are these any good?

No bow or wavy front glass suggestions please, I don't particularly want to see a 12" zebra swimming past. :lol:
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Well id recommed any of the juwels they are excellent, if a tad expensive. I dont know what you mean with the bow fronts as my Trigon has a full bow front and there is absoluitly no distortion what so ever. If you have a corner id definatly go for the Trigons as you get a lot ofd water in a small foot print. I have seen the big rena tanks too and they appear to be a good buy too though. If you have the dosh they do a tank thats even bigger than the Rio 400, costs out at about £1k though.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ewee, that Rena you mentioned sounds pretty good. I'm looking for a tank with a lot of floor space so it's going to have to be big. I guess I better start saving if it costs around 1G.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

To be honest why do you not see if you can get a tank built from scratch? I was just quoted £275 for a 8x2x2 tank. Im sure you could get a joiner to make a unit to fit it on for about £500.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Hi guys
I had my tank made by the classic cabinet company (01482 581666) it was built to a excellent standard, and superb quality, you can pick which veneer you like to have it built in so it matches your surroundings the only problem is that they are a bit pricey i paid £799 for a four footer (75gallons) and thats just the tank and cabinet no lights or other stuff, but was over the moon with the workmanship i would use them again if i could afford it.
Adam

Juwel Rio 400

Post by Adam »

I've just been offered a 3 month old Juwel Rio 400(Beech effect) for £500. Included in the price are 2 Rena XPS(600ltr/hr), heater, 800ltr/hr power head, digital thermometrs, lighting units and some other bits and pieces. It doesn't sound too bad, the aquarium alone retails for £625 new.

Is this a good price and tank guys?
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

BITE THE GUYS HAND OFF!!!!

Not sure about the Renas though, but im an Eheim snob.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Adam,
If I'm not mistaken you can get a new Rio 400 for around £500. I would check out the prices at various lfs's first. There can be a large price difference.
Try giving Aquacadabra (in Bexley Heath ) a call for a quote. They are very competitive on tanks ,etc and dry goods.(I think it is £535) Tel 01322 345242 .
They also do a 48x24x24, tank hood and cabinet for £369 or 5 ft for £430
(Advert in Practical fishkeeping)
Regards,
Des.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

ewee the arab wrote:BITE THE GUYS HAND OFF!!!!
is that good or bad? I'm a foreigner you know - never heard that expression before :D
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

LOL :lol: McEve. Yes thats good. It means "Dont let this great offer Pass you by" "get right in there and part with the cash before he changes his mind".

Im sure my Lfs is retailing at over £600 for the 400 and then your getting all the extras too.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

ewee the arab wrote:LOL :lol: McEve. Yes thats good. It means "Dont let this great offer Pass you by" "get right in there and part with the cash before he changes his mind".

Im sure my Lfs is retailing at over £600 for the 400 and then your getting all the extras too.
It looked as though it was good, but then it sounded kinda painful, so I had to ask :lol:

Thanks for explaining it to me ewee :)