Hydor external aquarium heater.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

Hydor external aquarium heater.

Post by Adam »

I might have just found the solution to the fluctuating temperatures in my zebra tank. See link below, has anyone got one of these and is it any good?

http://www.hydor.it/inglese/eth.htm
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Adam

Cool idea. IS that the same manufacturer as Interpet.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I think they are an Italian company. The only experience I have of their products is an L20 pump I formely used in a water cooled PC I was running about a year ago. I had no problems with the pump, it seemed to be reliable. Here's a link to the kit I was using.

http://www.chillblast.com/customer/prod ... ductid=384
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hydor

and the interpet

I've always been impressed with the smaller internal powerheads, so I think the heater looks likea majoc idea. Wasn't impressed with the interneal heater filter TF2, went though 3 in 6 months.

Thats quite a cooling system. Higher spec than my car!!! :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Rob,

I found a local supplier for the Hydor heaters. They are doing the 200 watt version for £44.99 and the 300 watt version for £54.99. I can feel another trip to a LFS coming on. :lol:

I think it would be a good idea to have one on a tank as backup just in case of heater failure, some of us are looking at quite a bit of money in fish stock. I for one know that I would be hard pressed to replace my colony if something were to happen, that's why I'm planning on setting up another tank for the zebras and splitting the colony in 2.

The water cooling kit was great but I got fed up of draining the system every 3 months to replace the coolant, water, dye and algaecide mix. My brother is even more extreme than me his current rig is both water and refridgerant cooled. Here's a link to it:

http://extremeprometeia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831 :shock: :shock:

He entered it in a competition and won, what a geek. :lol:
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Ive only heard of these being used in one case and the guy couldnt get it to seal on one of the pipes and took it back. My own opinion was that it was the guy who was doing something wrong (PT it was Bats, so it could just be him). I think they look like a good idea but i must admmit that if it was me id rather spend the extra bucks on a heated filter from Eheim.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers Ewee,

I now know of a possible problem to look out for, the place I'm going to get it from has a pretty good return policy plus I'm a good customer. If I come across any problems I'm sure they will do me a refund/exchange or something.

The tank already has an eheim thermo filter on it but it doesn't seem to be able to stabilise the temp due to the powerhead cooling the water.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

LOL just read your other post and now realise you have the thermo. Is your tank near a radiator btw?
Adam

Post by Adam »

No probs Ewee,

It's the biggest Eheim thermo you can get, might be the same as yours I just can't remember the model. What I do remember is the bloody price £165.00. :shock:
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

LOL, how long ago was that? Mine ,2128, was £195 without the media!!!!! :shock:
Adam

Post by Adam »

You're right Ewee it was quite a while back and I got some money knocked off it because I bought a tank too. I didn't get a good deal on the media though it cost me over £60.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

yes but its worth it, i doubt youd have to replace it.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Good filter media that efimuck and efisubstuff, you're right I still haven't replaced any of it yet. Mind you if you look at the instructions it says that you should replace some of the media every so often. I dont know why because it still looks good to me. I do replace the other filter pads regularly. Am I heading for some future disaster by doing this?
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

I dont think so. Most manufacturers say you should change the media every six months. my own opinion is that this is to keep you spending your money on there products. I can see no reason to replace the ehifsubstrate unless it starts to breakdown. You now get ehfisubstrate Pro that looks like it will last even longer than the origional stuff. I have no intention of replaceing any unless someone comes up with a very good reason too.