Mission Impossible.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

Mission Impossible.

Post by Adam »

Hi guys,

I know that I am asking for what is going to be almost impossible to find but does anyone know of a supplier who is likely to be able to source some L098s. I have 2 at present and would very much like to get some more.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Hey Ad am i right in thinking that they are wavy lined zebras or am i totaly wrong? either way i dont know were u can get any from :? have u tried fish finder?
Adam

Post by Adam »

That's right Dan, they can have either a wavy pattern or a pattern that is completely broken.

I've tried the fish finder but it found zip. I think this is going to turn out to be a complete non-starter. :(
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Have you tried Trimar Adam, Ok they dont have any in the now but they could probelry order them in for you direct.

http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/home.htm
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Adam,
Have asked 3 different direct importers of L46 to check out the possibility of getting L98 for an "obsessed" zebra addict. Will keep you posted if I get any positive replies.
Hows the one you got from Wholesale Tropicals, mixed in with his L046, doing?.
Des. :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

hey Adam i didnt see that l098 in with the other zebs at wholsale aquatics when i bought mine was it in the same tank as the others?? was it any dearer than the normal zebs?

would you keep them apart from the others in case they cross breeded or not?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm u got me thinking about purchase some now :idea:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks for all the advice guys,

Ewee, I'll ring Trimar tomorrow, no harm in seeing if they can get hold of them.

Des, cheers I've got Wholesale Tropicals, Home Marine, Wild Woods and Ricky of Fish Crazy looking for them too. To be honest I don't really know how the L098 from WT is doing as I haven't seen much of him, I've only seen it twice in the 4 days since I got him. I certainly am well obsessed I even had a dream about them the other day, now that's sad.

Dan, it was in the second batch of zebras that WT got. It was the same price as the other zebras. If I get enough of them I may well set up a tank for them, I don't think this is likely to happen though. I guess it would make sense to keep them seperate to prevent them from cross breeding with the L046. Forget about getting them Dan as I have been reliably informed that they only thrive when kept together with at least 20 other zebras. :wink:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Well theres only one thing for that then! ill have to buy another 8 zebbys before i can get started on the L096 :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dan, there's no problem by the looks of things as I'm collecting L098s but you seem to have developed an interest in L096(spiny monster pleco) :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

lol what an ugly looking fish, its got some mouth on it, i think ill stick to my sweet looking zebbys,

How are all your zebs at the moment? are they all settled in nicely now? have you got all twenty in one tank, if so u got any pics?

i still cant suss out how to upload your digital pictures to put on the forum :cry:
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Adam do those other suppliers have web sites? Its always nice to see what everyones got in stock.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Dan,

I guessed that the L096 thing was a typo, must admit it's not a very good looking fish. The worse thing is that it can be extremely aggresive.

The zebras are doing fine, they are all in one 4ft tank at present but I've got plans to get another tank. When I get my act together and the new tank is set up I'll then split the colony between the 2 tanks.

I'm still waiting on Pipex to get my web space sorted then I'll be able to post some pictures. I'm off contract with these jokers and I'm seriously considering signing up with another ISP :evil:.

Check out this post by Rob on how to upload pictures.

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94#94
Adam

Post by Adam »

ewee the arab wrote:Adam do those other suppliers have web sites? Its always nice to see what everyones got in stock.
Here you go Ewee:

www.wildwoods.co.uk

www.fishcrazy.co.uk

www.homemarine.net

http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/sho ... l.asp?id=6
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Thanks Adam, That last one was as really good one.
Adam

Post by Adam »

No probs mate,

The last link is actually a listing for Wholesale Tropicals on the Tropical fish finder website, they don't actually have their own website.