Breeding Caves

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Adam i think you can tell if its going to let out calcium by putting some vinegar on the slate or stone and if it fizzles after a few minutes its no good.

I could be getting mixed up here im not 100% sure :oops:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Thats the one dan. Also, the calcium in slates tends to form inlayer, so if there is a soft layer, ie you can scrape it off with a coin etc, then it's no good.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers guys.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Adam,
Saw some pretty good slate floor tiles at the local Topps Tiles today. I also noticed other types (such as terracotta and quarry).
Also saw a Electric tile cutter with spare blade (£29 ).
Thought this was a better deal than Hiring one for a day at £21.
Ps. If testing for limestone in your rocks/tiles , it is better to use any form of acid/ph down.Will bubble if limestone is present.
Des :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

I have a tile cutter already luckily, I just need to test the off cuts that I have for calcium and I'm pretty sure I have some silicone sealant too. I feel some quality bodgery is about to take place any day now. :D
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Rob has made me some caves ,and they are great ,the fish love em
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by