Need Caves? ( thread2)

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Post by GlockFu »

I bought a couple of the last dozen that were shipped out. They are GREAT! Very nicely made and very solid. LyreTail has excelent customer service and kept me up to date pretty much everyday. If you are thinking about buyin some, buy with confidence. Thanks again LyreTail! :D
Frontyking
Obsessed!!

Post by Frontyking »

Hi, I was wondering if you have any idea what the total cost of three standard caves would be including shipping costs to Sydney?

Cheers,

Nick.
duonri
Forum Follower

Post by duonri »

Just received my 2 zebra caves order: They look great !
Thanks .
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Hi,

I've PM'd you Lyretail - though I would post the question just in case you didn't get it.

I am interested in a Plec Bunker - what would the total cost be to the UK, please.

Thanks
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

FrontyKing was Pm'ed with quote - Jenny I Will have to have you email me directly as my message to you got lost in cyberspace, just as your pM to me did - there must be something wrong with your setup?
my email - curtisbkr@earthlink.net
Last edited by LyreTail on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zebrabreeder
Forum Follower

Post by Zebrabreeder »

I sent you a PM to LT. :D Your caves look awesome!
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

I am going to discontinue making caves at the very least for the next several months. I have too many personal issues that require my focus to resolve. These caves have taken up much of my normal time for keeping my life in order.

I do have some caves available that were already completed last week.

I have 8 removable top caves and 3 ultra thin caves left. I also have a few pieces of slate that I might make into another pleco bunker or more caves, but just enough to make a few more. I might as well use the last of the slate up

I will be raising the price on the RT caves to $20 each and NRT ultra thin caves wll stay at $10 each. These will be the last I make for quite awhile.

If somebody is interested in learning my techniques for building these caves, I am considering writing up a step by step document complete with pictures of each step. I think the document would be worth the cost of a few caves - About $50 USD
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

sorry to hear that lyretail :(
GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Post by GlockFu »

Sorry to hear that Lyre Tail.

Anyone thats been thinking about getting some of these caves should snatch them up. That sucks you're not going to be making them anymore but I hope everything works out for you. I'm glad I got my caves already and I think it really helped my male out. It used to always hide inside my last cave but now its always "advertising" while hanging out on the porch.

Good luck with everything Lyre Tail and Thanks again.
Frontyking
Obsessed!!

Post by Frontyking »

Good luck LyreTail and sorry to hear that you won't be making these great caves for a while. I hope everything gets sorted out really quick for you. I'll let you know once mine arrive.

Cheers mate,

Nick.
[url=http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=doctorze]Vote for zebrapleco.com here[/url]
Frontyking
Obsessed!!

Post by Frontyking »

I received my caves today and they look absolutely superb. Great job Lyretail! They came safe and intact.

Cheers,

Nick.
[url=http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=doctorze]Vote for zebrapleco.com here[/url]
plecoman1000

I need caves

Post by plecoman1000 »

I need to buy several caves for my 16 L-46, 11-174, and 14-287,. Would you be willing to do any kind of deal if I bought multiple caves? Thanks
Trevor
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Plecoman - I really do not want to deal with the remaining few caves I have left. Sorry. You can't have an idea how much time I put into each of these things and I can not do them half way.

The only thing that could get me to make more caves would be to make a deal for more males (L46) or a small colony of L260. This is a deal I would make locally, but I am not sure if it is workable through the mail
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

I am retired from cave making but I had to make three more of my removable top caves + I still have a three cave pleco bunker and an extra long 7.5 inch long zebra cave for sale.

I made these new caves because somebody requested a detailed document on how I make the caves, so I needed step by step pictures. The word document is 4.76 MB file size, 20 pages, consists of 2,900 words and 29 color photos and could be converted into other formats like PDF or Corel Word Perfect. It took me more than 20 hours to compile and edit. It is highly detailed and goes through the process I use to make a standard 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm x 14 cm cave. ( internal measurements)
Page 1 - Cover
Page 2 - Introduction
Page 3 - List of Items and Tools
Page 4 - Chapter 1 - Cutting Slate Tiles - Steps 1 through 8
Page 9 - Chapter 2 - Sanding and Flattening - Steps 9 through 11
Page 11 - Chapter 3 - Assembly and Bonding - Steps 12 through 14
Page 13 - Chapter 4 - Drilling Holes and Bonding pegs - Steps 15 through 18
Page 16 - Chapter 5 - Detailing and Grinding - Steps 19 and 20
Page 18 - Chapter 6 - Splitting Slate Tiles and Making Front Porches - Steps 21 through 24
Page 20 - Pictures of completed caves + a picture of a more complex triple Pleco cave.

Offering CD rom or bound photo Paper sent to you directly for $50.
or simple email download for $40 USD
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

All the caves sold, but the 21+ page book is still available
Last edited by LyreTail on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.