PH DROP TO 6 FROM 7.5???????????

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

craigzeb
Obsessed!!

PH DROP TO 6 FROM 7.5???????????

Post by craigzeb »

MY NORMALPH OF MY WATER IS 7 TO 7.5 I HAVE BOGWOOD LOADS CAVES 2 AIR STONES AND SLATE IN MY TANK WITH 5 ZEBS JUST TESTED MY PH AFTER A FEW MOTHS OF HAVING THEM AND MY PH READS 6 ???? IS THIS TO LOW AND HAVE I GOT TO MUCH WOOD INSIDE MY TANK ???? DONT WANT ANY HARM TO MY ZEBS COZ WHEN I DO WATER CHANGE ILL BE TAKING WATER OUT AT 6 THEN ADDING TAP WATER OF 7 TO 7.5
TwoTankAmin

Re: PH DROP TO 6 FROM 7.5???????????

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi-

First- all caps is considered shouting.

Second, a lot more info is needed for folks to help.
How do you test your tap?
What is the tap KH?
How often and how much water do you change.
How long has the wood been in the tank?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

hi m8 i test my water with tetra test kits liquid ones i do a weekly water change of 50% and the wood has been in since the start ??? i do have 1 quite big bit of wood could it be that that is dropping the ph so much ??? oh and my gh is .4 not sure of kh as cant find kit to test for that ????
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I suggest you retest your tap water in the following manner. Fill a large glass with your tap water. Then add an airstone and let it bubble for an hour or two and then test the pH. If you do not have an airstone and pump, let the water sit for 24 hours, then test the pH.

Bog wood can certainly lower pH. How much depends on your KH. The higher the KH the more stable and resistant to pH changes it will be.

I would also recomment that you read the following: http://fins.actwin.com/mirror/begin-chem.html

Finally, how old are your test kits?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.