White thing with legs ?

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

jerry58
Obsessed!!

White thing with legs ?

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
This is not a panic situation.
I thought this might be the place to to post please mods move if wrong,thanks.

I don't often put my glasses on to look at my fish but today I did so probably would not have seen it was looking at my assassin snail eggs.
This was a worm type body (not wriggling but walking like a millepede )on the inside of the glass of my fry tank.
7mm long and half mm wide and white,I am not sure what it is or how to treat it or if I need to.
Has anybody had this sort of animal type before,all fry are very healthy and eating well.
Here is a pic of the shape I have looked on the net with no help.
If anybody helps they need to remember there are fry from 1 year down to 8 months aprox in the tank.
I don't really know what fish worms look like other than the obvious.
If the answer is dewormer then I need to know absolutely for sure it will be safe to use in with the fry also I will need the name of the medication as well and has to be available in the UK.
Before I have asked about dewormer they use with discus and my LFS was not sure if ok or not to use with zebs.

If anybody has experienced this can help I would be very greatfull

Thanks Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I am not 100% what that thing is but I am 100% that wormer plus is zeb fry safe as I use it as routine myself
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Jo Got this today is this the one you are sure is ok with zeb fry?.(pic at bottom of page)
Do you use the stated dose?.
It states that might kill snails do you know if this is true because I have assassin snails and their eggs in with the fry and would like to keep them alive if poss.
Thanks for the advise,I have searched a bit more on the net and what I saw could well have been a ANCHOR WORM in a stage before free swimming, so if this is possible would the medication be the right one to treat my fish?. I will use if ok anyway,I have not seen another one of the things in the tank.I wish I had took a pic now as it would be more helpful to others if they have this problem later,but I squashed it when getting it out.
Also where do they come from and if it is do I need to check every zeb fry in the tank?.

Big THANKS again. :D

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Yes that is the very same wormer totally fish safe I use it in all my tank 12 of which are hypan breeding tanks, the snails will perish remove them for a month or so to be on the safe side
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Thanks for the info,I intend to remove all the snails to another tank and leave the eggs where they are and take a chance on them.
I will treat it mid week as I have to get the snails out of the filters as well and I only do filter cleaning ,maintenance in the day time not ever in the eve or night unless its a emergency.
Sorry to ask another thing but my breeding tank can I treat this with wormer plus while they are breeding?.
Or do I wait till they take a break ,will it affect eggs and new born wrigglers?.
I also have a grow on tank with 1 month to 3 month old fry in can I do this also or do I need to wait till they are older?.

Thanks once(yet!)again.

Jerry