Need advice pls: Pink raised growth on Zebbie fin

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Zebbielove

Need advice pls: Pink raised growth on Zebbie fin

Post by Zebbielove »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am hoping someone can help with some much needed advice. I have two amazing zebbies and unfortunately my ph crashed about 2 weeks ago :( I was able to stabilise the ph level gradually and the zebbies survived so far. Two days ago, however, I was sad to see that the smaller of the two had a raised, pink fleshy bit surrounding one of his fins. I did a 50% water change and added Furan 2.

Does anyone know what this fleshy bit could be? And should I be medicating or treating differently?

Thank you, thank you for any help you can give...
Attachments
image.jpg
TwoTankAmin

Re: Need advice pls: Pink raised growth on Zebbie fin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Its hard to tell from that pic. If you have had these fish for some time, it is likely not a worm or parasite. But you, being there should be able to confirm that. Worms tend to move. The next thing that comes to mind is it is an injury. It almost looks like the fish managed to snag that fin on the edge of a gave or other object with an edge. All the fish would have had to do is to get spooked and bolt for cover. A slight miss and it could easily have done this.

If that is the case, barring infection etc., it should heal on its own. I am not sure if I would have begun treatment yet. Since you have done so, continue with it until you have completed the recommended treatment.

I really hate trying to diagnose from pictures. It is easy to get things wrong.

One last thought- you may want to post this all on Planetcatfish where it will be seen by many more people than here. Some of them have the experience and the training to be of way more help than I can for sure.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Zebbielove

Re: Need advice pls: Pink raised growth on Zebbie fin

Post by Zebbielove »

Thanks TwoTankAmin for your kind advice. I'm afraid my Zebbie past away today. I just don't get it :(