Research ???

Whats happening in the wild, current issues and debates....oooh this one'll get hot!

Tommy

Research ???

Post by Tommy »

I am unsure what can be deemed a research project ?
What makes Someone like ie, Barbie any different from the man next door when it comes to getting banned species for research ..
If they are banned they should be left alone ..to recover..
:evil:
I think that the fish cannot be given to any one person just because of their interest ,this is not in the interest of the species..
Only that of personal gain .. :?:
How can you vet people... ?
Who is fit ?
People do loose fish in captivity!Filter failiure,Heaters,Poor water..
By all means study the fish in the wild ..GREAT...
Not in the aquarium there are now suficient captive specimens..
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I have taken the liberty to delete your other post as it was identical to the one above.

I do belive there's a misunderstanding here. Barbie has not, as far as I know, imported any Zebras for research. She has reported abou it happening, that's it.

You have posted twice, one of which I have deleted. You might find it beneficial to browse the forum, and the main site, and see what we are trying to do here.
Tommy

Hold on...

Post by Tommy »

I was using an Example ... ie Barbie the Expert against the man next door who liked them on a whim..
The double post was a mistake ..
I asked a simple question where do you draw the line on who is suitable to import for research..
I thought it was a forum not a place for people to throw their weight about..
Not very encouraging for the new people ???
Tommy

???

Post by Tommy »

Maybe you should not jump on Newbies so quickly ?
I did not take this picture sat in front of my 3 foot fishtank..
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Did you spend any time at all reding the main site?

I'll include the link for your convinence:

http://www.zebrapleco.com
Tommy

I dont get you ?

Post by Tommy »

What conclusions am I jumping too..
I do understand what the site is about ..
I was asking a good question..
I looked at the link you sent ..
Why ??
I am interested enough in Zebras to go and collect them in the wild ..
I was there about 3-4 weeks before the ban..
I have information to give but ..I am now thinking ..
Why ???
You must be one of the people who wants L 46 for research..
big_gay_al

Post by big_gay_al »

Well yes i do agree to tommy and i find this site very unpopular with new people this is discrimination!!

I think that anyone can work out wot this forum is about it not rocket science is it.

I think people that are interested enough to go into the wild to collect them are proberly more interested and know more than people who sit in there house watching there l codes swim around with there head in a book and then think they know everything.

Also the control issues that was adressed, Who is actually given permission to have the BANNED L46 it is banned for a reason so just leave them it is in the interest of the species to leave them alone or if any reaserch is to be done then conduct it in the wild not in a fish tank.
A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
samster

can i ??

Post by samster »

i want a box of zebras for research 2
then when i am bored i can sell them for a £120 each hehe :lol:
life is a cow then you marry one
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Me too!!!!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Due to the fact that Tommy and Big gay al and samster are posting from the same computer, I'll be locking this thread.

I have not, nor do I intend to, imported zebras for research purposes. I do know that Brazil has allowed them to be exported for that purpose. The people importing them aren't breaking any laws in doing so. Whether you ethically disagree with the practice is a personal opinion and everyone is welcome to their own. This site is here to spread information about the hobby, not to nurture bashing sessions or mean spirited trolling from people that have too much time on their hands without the ethical boundaries to guide them. I'll be banning the other two aliases. Don't make me ban the IP address range Tommy. We appreciate your input but will not tolerate your abuse of the system as some form of sick game. Rob has had more than enough annoyance from people on the board to need this sort of headache heaped on. Please keep in mind this is an information source, not a private playground.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]