Anyone else heard they found some L-046 in Peru?

Whats happening in the wild, current issues and debates....oooh this one'll get hot!

Sojapat
Forum Follower

Peru Zebra Plecos ?

Post by Sojapat »

If the Peruvian exporters can get L46 why did we have to take some to them ?
I still have to see the Zebra plec come from Peru .
We took 10 youngsters to them ,Why if they can get them ?
He is one of the biggest in Iquitos ..He could not get them.?
Keep your powder dry
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

Just curious! Why should we bother with importing at all when there are many breeders even within http://www.zebrapleco.com/ ? I have gone to a lot of time, effort and money just in the hopes of owning some zebs. Staying within the community sounds like a much wiser choice to me.
Bobby
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

rhino wrote:Just curious! Why should we bother with importing at all when there are many breeders even within http://www.zebrapleco.com/ ? I have gone to a lot of time, effort and money just in the hopes of owning some zebs. Staying within the community sounds like a much wiser choice to me.
if importer sell fish to someone who doesn't try to breed them then that seem to be a waste to me. eventhough the buyer take a good care of them, that doesn't help in term of number. by leaving them with the nature is the best way. however, if we cannot stop someone who try to take advantage on exporting them out of Brazil then trying to breed them is the only way.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Recently Zebra plecs L046 have appeared on export lists from Puru. However having spoken to the exporter direct and getting a good description of what thiese Zebras actually look like it would appear that they are infact nothing more than chocolate Zebras which I believe are L270.
apistomaster
Forum Follower

Post by apistomaster »

I'm inclined to believe that it is a different fish from from Peru as well. L270 is a good possibility and there are a few other candidates possible as well. Personally, as much as I like L46, I think L134 common leopard frogs give zebras a good run for the money.
Larry