what size filter for 190L tank

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

craigzeb
Obsessed!!

what size filter for 190L tank

Post by craigzeb »

i have my zebs in a 80l tank at the min but bein good to the small ones i got them a 190l tank it currently has a 1200l a hour internal filer running and i have a spare 600l a hour filter i was going to put in will this be to much fpr the tank ??? my zebs are about 1 and are 2inch long and 2 are 1.5 inch long or longer dont want to add the other filter and it be to strong a current for them. they were tank bred from wild parents women told me to keep flow down while there young but others say have high flow and filteration !!!! HELP !!!! :loldude:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Re: what size filter for 190L tank

Post by NeoCult »

I have kept a breeding group of 11 zebs in a Juwel Rio 125 which is 125L and I am just setting up another the same, I use the Fluval u4 internal filter with no problem, I do however do several small water changes per week, its all about water quality I believe and less about how much your filter can do per hour etc :P
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

hi neo do you just use the fluval filter and not the juwel filter that come built in the tank ?? or have you removed that from the tank do you think my 1200l a hour will be ok for the 190l tank to keep water quality ok or shall i use the 600lh fluval u3 filter i have spare as well. not to sure of the make of the filter that came with the tank only that its a 1200lh. looking to add 2 more zebs asap to make my group to 5
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

I removed the Juwel one as it takes up too much space, I sometimes run a small Eheim external too, just depends

I think a u4 in a 190L tank will be fine as long as you do a few small water changes
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net