Clay Caves

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

BigPlans
Forum Follower

Clay Caves

Post by BigPlans »

Hi

Does anyone secure the caves in place with aquarium silicon?

Pros/cons?
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I just ledge them under bogwood not used sealant as I might want to move them round
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

I have most of mine & caves wedged in sand or under bogwood, but I have a couple of that I have placed higher in the tank using slate top & bottom with 2 terracota caves in between, these keep moving during water changes so these I am going to secure with silicone when I get a min, :)
Like Jo says you may want to move them in the future,
BigPlans
Forum Follower

Post by BigPlans »

Thanks for your advice. The problem I have is that it's a bare bottom tank and this made a bit of a stone skate board when I put the slate on the round caves. But Ive put some heavy driftwood pieces on top which has stabalised them pretty safely. My Zeb seems to like the extra canopy also and it's looking pretty good.
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

I also have a bare bottom tank. While I do have some round caves, I also have some D shaped and some rectangular ones. What I do with the round ones is to wedge a flat rock against each side of the cave. This, along with the slate on top, helps keep them secure. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth