starting to setup a zeb tank what water Condition do i need

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

carlwhybrow230480
Forum Follower

starting to setup a zeb tank what water Condition do i need

Post by carlwhybrow230480 »

hi just starting to setup a zeb tank for breeding can anyone help me on the water Condition also is tap water or ro water ok

i'm going to get the Temperature to about 27/28c

also what do i need to get the ph gh kh set to

i just done a water test on my tap water and my

ph is 7.5
kh was 12
and my gh was 20

also whats better

API STRESS COAT
API TAP WATER CONDITIONER
or can i use both

i'm also getting

API Water Softeber Pillow
Fluval 3 Plus with Carbon Pad and Polyester Pad

i'm running a

Eheim 2213 External Filter and a APS100 Air Pump
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I deleted your second post of this topic. Cross posting is generally frowned on. Don't do it again please. If someone is going to answer the question it needs to be all in one thread.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
gtp
Groupie

Post by gtp »

My zebra water is 28c, PH at the moment I'm trying to get around 6.5 (its a fairly new tank). GH I think is around 9 but I think you should aim for about 5-6.

I use tap water with Interpets 'Tapsafe' which 'instantly' makes tapwater safe for fish by removing Chlorine, toxic metals, adds Aloe vera something or other which is beneficial to the fish and biological bacteria to get the filter started. I also use Hagen's 'Cycle' to start the biological filter off to.

If your just putting the water in the tank then use the recommended doses of whatever bacteria and water conditioners you have, get the temperature right and the PH and any other parameters your measuring and it should be safe to add the fish in a few weeks time.

Tap water by itself is not safe for fish. You must either use a water conditioner or an RO unit.
Last edited by gtp on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carlwhybrow230480
Forum Follower

Post by carlwhybrow230480 »

gtp wrote:My zebra water is 28c, PH at the moment I'm trying to get around 6.5 (its a fairly new tank). GH I think is around 9 but I think you should aim for about 5-6.

I use tap water with Interpets 'Tapsafe' which 'instantly' makes tapwater safe for fish by removing Chlorine, toxi metals, adds Aloe vera something or other which is beneficial to the fish and biological bacteria to get the filter started. I also use Hagen's 'Cycle' to start the biological filter off to.

If your just putting the water in the tank then use the recommended doses of whatever bacteria and water conditioners you have, get the temperature right and the PH and any other parameters your measuring and it should be safe to add the fish in a few weeks time.

Tap water by itself is not safe for fish. You must either use a water conditioner or an RO unit.

thanks mate i have uesd the water out of my other tank which is tap water ph 7.5 kh 4 gh 12 i got api stress coat