Tank conversion

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

nicolaisam
Forum Follower

Tank conversion

Post by nicolaisam »

Hi,
I am about to buy a couple of Zebra plec juveniles 3 cm.

I am converting my 15US gallon Bee shrimp tank into a Zebra plec tank.

At the moment it has Dennerle black Quartz crystal gravel (1-2mm),its a very fine rounded edge gravel.Can i leave this in ?
It has a filter that outputs 10x the tanks size and i have removed the spray bar and replaced it with the Power defuser that adds lots of small bubbles.
Will be adding 4 or 5 caves,and it has a piece of bogwood.
Will turn the temperature up to 28/29.

It has plants,moss and moss balls.

I can add Cherry shrimps as they are fine at these temperatures,Cant keep the bee shrimps as this is the high range for them.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Hitch
Groupie

Re: Tank conversion

Post by Hitch »

Everything sounds good!

The sand is fine, I use the same sand (I believe mine is a little bigger than yours and my zebs are doing well).

The temp looks good as well.

Try putting in as much hiding spaces and caves as possible, have at least a couple of extra caves than the number of zebs you are planning to put in.

I personally love moss zebra tanks, my cherries love it!!
nicolaisam
Forum Follower

Re: Tank conversion

Post by nicolaisam »

Hitch wrote:Everything sounds good!

The sand is fine, I use the same sand (I believe mine is a little bigger than yours and my zebs are doing well).

The temp looks good as well.

Try putting in as much hiding spaces and caves as possible, have at least a couple of extra caves than the number of zebs you are planning to put in.

I personally love moss zebra tanks, my cherries love it!!
Thanks

Update.

Tank now has 5 Zebra plecs 3x 3.5cm and 2x 4/5cm,all seem happy,weekly 40% water changes,a few plants,caves and hiding places.
Added an aquaone 750 external filter,only because its less maintenance,the internal filter needed regular cleaning.

New tank will be here in a few weeks