Tanks for zebs... give me your guess

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

lclobo
Forum Follower

Tanks for zebs... give me your guess

Post by lclobo »

Hi guys....
What is the optimal number of caves to 19 zebs in a tank?

A tank with 100 x 45 x 45 cm would behave the 19 zebs ?
or it would be best to select the 19 zebs in two tanks?

Thanks

Luciano
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I think 19 adult zebras is pushing things in that size tank, If you want to keep them all together get a bigger tank.

Caves serve multiple purposes in a colony. The are used for overnighting, hiding as well as defending and spawning. I like to have more caves than male fish for this reason.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

I've got a cave per fish plus one in my tank (I have 2 males and 4 females). All at different angles so they can have a nice choice - good job too, I've just been upstairs and looked in the tank and they are all having a cave evening this evening......well all bar one. I can honestly say I've never seen them do that before!!
lclobo
Forum Follower

Post by lclobo »

Thanks TTA / Chris and Grubby.

I decided that I will put the zebs in two tanks...this way, I put a cave for each zebra and still have enough space for them hiding and swim too.

i will be in doubt to choose which zebs go in each tank... :? , mainly because I think I have a lot more males than females

Thanks... best regards
Luciano
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

If you have 19 and you are heavy on the males side you are doing the correct thing splitting them up a lot of males in one tank will end in fighting
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk