Zeb Colony Tank Setup

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Linzi Zeb
Groupie

Zeb Colony Tank Setup

Post by Linzi Zeb »

Hi,

I just wanted to get opinions on my zebra setup. It's a Fluval Roma 125 tank with numerous zebra breeding caves, rock that was described as 'pink slate' and a sand substrate. There are currently 7 zebs in here, 3 2 year olds and 4 1 year olds. I'm using an Eheim 2073 filter and a UV steriliser.

Let me know if you can help me improve this setup.

Thanks in advance,

Linzi
Toon Toon, Black and White Zebras!
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Linzi,

Good looking setup, the pink must be a girl thing. :lol:
I would raise your temp, mine are kept between 29-30 C, they will appreciate a higher temp.
Have you got much flow in your tank?, I use a aqua ball or power heads to give a good flow & turnover. :wink:
Linzi Zeb
Groupie

Post by Linzi Zeb »

Hey thanks for the advice, I've upped the temperature. I was thinking of investing in a powerhead. Can you recommend any? I was going to go for a Tunze powerhead but they look pretty large but if necessary then fine, the fish come first.

Thanks,

Linzi
Toon Toon, Black and White Zebras!
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Linzi, I can't comment on a make of power head, I'm just using what I have left from old systems.
I'm using between 800 litres/phr on smaller tanks & 1700 lph on my bigger tanks! :)