Age at which Zebs are ready to start breading

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

A1player
Forum Follower

Age at which Zebs are ready to start breading

Post by A1player »

Hi
Can anyone tell me at what age zebs will start moving away from the group and start breading (if im that lucky)
I have had 10 fry from about 1/2" ,thay are now 1-1/2" to 2" & looking very healthy and about 18-24 months old.
The tank set up is good (looking at what others do) Water if fine,RO 20% changed weekly ,but they are still all staying as one group apart from 2 that have just moved from under a large bit of slate to under a bit of bog wood.I have 12 correct sized caves around the tank but still they stay as a group so i am now trying to find out at what age the norm is for when the males normaly start going off on there own, or an i doing somthing wrong !!!Any help/thoughts would be most helpful.Thanks
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

At that age your females may well be ready but in my experiance the males take far longer to mature
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
A1player
Forum Follower

Post by A1player »

Jo's Zebs wrote:At that age your females may well be ready but in my experiance the males take far longer to mature
Thanks for your time in answering my question