can you have too much aireation and flow

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Zebedee
Obsessed!!

can you have too much aireation and flow

Post by Zebedee »

i've set up my new tank for the zebs after the problems i had with 2 dying. now i have added an extra internal filter to the eheim 2028 external i have. i brought a 2252 which adds a lot of air with the diffuser. i can only really have it on or off as the in between just seems to cough and splutter. now my question is this too much air and flow as the whole tank is full of air bubbles and the flow is quite powerful i dont think the food will settle very aesily? thanks
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBWmoGlu ... annel_page
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Unsure to be honest, but my 3ft tank has 2 x 1800lph filter, so thats 36 times an hour filter and my fish breed no problems, I also have venturis on them and a 2 foot air wall, Dissolved Oxygen sits around about 8.0.

I have a few sheltered places for the fish to hide out of the flow, but they seem to avoid this and sit behind a rock and when the food comes winging past, they jump out grab it and take it in behind the rock.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

that sounds promising, are the air bubbles all over the total volume of you're tank? any chance of a pic to see what the air looks like in your tank please?