Xingu River Sand and other ADA Products.

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Xingu River Sand and other ADA Products.

Post by mistern2005 »

I discovered this a while back - ADA (very popular brand with planted tanks) sells Xingu River Sand:
http://www.adgshop.com/ADA_Forest_Sand_ ... 04-074.htm

I know the owner of ADGShop (the place that sells the sand in the link above) and he has confirmed that the sand indeed comes from the Xingu River.

I was waiting to move houses, then that got cancelled, then I got overrun with snails, so I finally took the plunge and switched out my substrate to this stuff. It looks really nice - it's very course and not your typical boring color - an acquired taste if you will. I've enjoyed it very much and the zebras seem to be doing great with it. I thought I'd pass it along.

The 15kg bag goes a long way - I only needed 2 for my 34 gallon tank and I probably have too much in there. One bag would be plenty for a 20 gallon long tank.

I'd also suggest looking through the rest of the website:
www.adgshop.com
The ADA product line is top of the line and there products are very safe. In my zebra tank and shrimp tanks I actually use AquaSoil I with multi-bottom in pots for plants, the Bacter 100, Green Bacter (the Bacters boost the good bacteria in the tank), Phyton Git (applied directly to ward off algae), Tourmaline F, Green Gain, and daily fertilize with Green Brighty Stage 3. I also own a lot of the dry-goods - tweezers, lily pipes, etc. If you have question shoot me a PM or e-mail the owner of ADGShop, Jeff is a top notch guy.
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...
g-g

Post by g-g »

thank you for this. looks great.
www.beef-heart.co.uk
Linzi Zeb
Groupie

Post by Linzi Zeb »

Hey, that substrate looks great, do you know if it is available in the UK?
Toon Toon, Black and White Zebras!
coralite
Groupie

Post by coralite »

I love the Rio Xingu sand that I used in my Rio Xingu biotope tank.
http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5470

The zebra looks great against it and it seems to be agreeable to coraydoras whiskers as well. [/url][/i]
it's not in my nature to be mysterious, I just can't talk about it and I can't say why.