20 LONG TANK COMPLETE WITH ONE ZEB

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

RAYISKING
Groupie

20 LONG TANK COMPLETE WITH ONE ZEB

Post by RAYISKING »

So after scraping the fx5 idea I took Barbie's advice. I know how have a 28 in bubble stick and aquaclear powerhead 70 rated at 400gph attach to a sponge filter will be attached to the quick filter built for the power head once it comes . A rena heater built for up to 70 gallons set to 81. A marineland emperor 280 that is rated at 280gph per hour 6 slate caves black sand and two pieces of driftwood and some rocks. Have pics :D
Sorry if the pics are a little bad my camera cable i could not find and took it with my phone camera.
RAYISKING
Groupie

NO ANSWERS

Post by RAYISKING »

Any comments our hints would help also they will be moved to a 40 gallon breeder tank later this month. I am getting 4 more.
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

Not being an expert by any means, especially after only having mine for 3 months, I would guess the zebs need more places to hide. That's what they do, and if they're hiding, they're happy ! Good luck with them. Oh ya, i might bump the water temp up a couple of degrees, too.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
RAYISKING
Groupie

More Hiding spots

Post by RAYISKING »

Ok so i took some teracota plant holders cracked them in half but he is still hiding under the driftwood this is normal right? Also the water is now at 84 to 86
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

In my short amount of time dealing with these guys, I have found that they like small, tight places to hide. Yours may be staying put cause it is tighter than under the pot pieces. Maybe break the pieces even further and stack them on each other, leaving some small openings. That way he can find a nice small place to hide. I would say your current temp is much better. Once you get it set up, leave them a while and let them get comfortable. I've had mine for almost 3 months and never see them unless I have a flashlight and search for them ! I'm hoping that as they become more comfortable, they might become more visable. Good luck ! This is mine.

William H. Danforth
RAYISKING
Groupie

Sand

Post by RAYISKING »

Do you have sand in your tank.
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

RAYISKING, no, my tank bottom is bare.

William H. Danforth
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

are the young zebra or older how do they act to no sand and do you have pics of your zebs. also what tank do you have them in? I am about to get a 40 breeder i just got the stand today and what do you feed yours? Sorry for all the questions?
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

RAYISKING, I sent you a PM.

William H. Danforth