What should I do?

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Studz

What should I do?

Post by Studz »

Hi,

As some may have read, I'm getting some Zebras in a few months and I'm currently gathering equipment. Ive read they require high water movement.

I torn at the moment between a 15gallon with a fluval 4+ and a 30gallon with a fluval 305 as I have both these tank up and running.

Which would you suggest, and do I need to include a power head of some sort to increase water flow?

I'm going to be getting 4 plecs to start with and hopefully bring in other from other breeds.

I've also been looking at making up breeding caves, a width of 3cm (internal) and a length of 10cm (internal) is this a good size? but what height?

Thanks for the help.
John

Re: What should I do?

Post by John »

Studz wrote:I'm going to be getting 4 plecs to start with
What size will those 4 be and how soon after introducing those 4 will you add more and what size will those be?
Those questions are important in choosing tank size.

Studz wrote:a width of 3cm (internal) and a length of 10cm (internal) is this a good size? but what height?
Width of 3cm and length of 10cm will be ok, height i prefer is 2,5cm.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Studz

Post by Studz »

TBH, im not too sure on their size, I think they will be small, as they guy is growing them on atm.

I will be bringing in other fish at a later date, once i have the offspring of these four, so will eventually have two or three tanks with breeding fish in.
That the plan anyway.

Thanks for the height measurement, Ive been looking for that for a while now.Just need to find someplace that sells slate i can cut now.