zebra fry tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

b0ot
Banned

zebra fry tank

Post by b0ot »

OK SETTING UP A 15 GALLON TALL ZEBRA TANK JUST FOR THEM
this is only for fry that are 1 inch+ Im getting 4-5 of them in the next 2 weeks

ok
this is the GOOD STUFF

RENA SMART HEATER 100 WATT
AQUACLEAR 50 OR WHISPER 60 WALL HANGER FILTER? YALL GUYS DECIDE WHICH IS THE BEST ALSO WONDERING ABOUT MAINTENCE WISE TOO..FOR ME ALSO DOES IT COME WITH THE FILTER MEDIA I NEED?
DRIFT WOOD
SMALL SLATE CAVES -3 OF THEM
VARIOUS SIZES OF SLATE LAYING AROUND TANK FOR HIDING SPOTS
Eheim Aquaball Powerhead POWER HEAD ON RIGHT SIZE OF TANK
CASCADE INTERNAL FILTER 400 INTERNAL FILTER WITH SPRAY BAR ON LEFT SIDE OF TANK SPRAY BAR EXTENDS ACROSS THE ENTIRE TOP OF TANK.. SHOOTING STREAMS OF WATER INTO THE TANK..

LET ME KNOW ANY MORE SUGGGESTIONS, I WANT THE BEST ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE FOR MY NEW BABIES..I COULDNT BARE THOUGHT OF THEM HAVING ANYTHING SHORT OF A KING SIZE MANSION. :-)

PH IMMA RUN AT 7.0.-7.4
TEMP 82-86 DEGREES
AMMONIA 0
nitrates 0
nitrites 0

bare bottom.. should i run just 1 100 watt heater or 2?
i got a whisper 60 gallon filter system im thinking of using.. 60 gallons of filteration on a 15 gallon tank plus an internal filter.. what pads should i use on the internal filter? polished or polyster? i dont think i should run carbon filters in it though.. LET ME KNOW

-chris any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED in advance
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

First- I would get the regular 15 not a tall.

Second- you wont need the caves for close to 2 years. baby zebs will cluster together under much smaller places.

Clean water is good, but I think you have more filtration/current than you really need. I have a 15 gal growout tanks which typically holds 15-30 young of various sizes growing out. It is filtered with two AquaClears- a 100 and a 150 gph. I have two 10s also for growout- one has just an AC 150 gph and the other a 100gph and a small sponge filter.

While one has to keep a close eye on water quality when using smaller tanks, there is the advantage of making it a lot easier for the baby fish to find food.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
b0ot
Banned

Post by b0ot »

well i been hunting for regular 15 gallon tanks.. this tank isnt really a tall tank. its no taller than it is longer, if u get what im saying.. its really longer and about a foot to foot and half high.. its rated at 17 gallon .plus it has held fish in it before and i have the filter media to go into the filteration system for this tank, i rather stick with it than a brand new tank and risk some problem with a new tank being it has something in it and gets water contaminated. im very cautious and a nervous person, i worry about too much stuff, i guess thats what makes me a good person on keeping fish. im not gunna say how many fish ive killed being my fault or i will probably ruin my luck then. :lol:

but yeah what u think TTA 4-6 fry and 2-3 2 inchers in same tank? i got sum cute lil caves from larry off PF. they are very short and small.. perfect for 2-3 baby fry to hide in. imma put them in there just incase they might have a liken to it. if not o well.. i got about 20 slate caves laying around not in use currently. I got a 30 gallon long tank past weekend, i will bump them into once they hit the 2 inch mark.