Tank Setup advise.

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

dave_m13

Tank Setup advise.

Post by dave_m13 »

Hi All

I am new on here, I have been reading through many articles and getting ideas on what I need. I maybe able to get 3 or 4 L046 and was just after people opinions on a good tank size, would a 30X15X12 be ok.

For filtratration I have a aquapro 1 Maximum 600 litre per hour flowrate and then powerhead its either one of the following cannot remember which, Maxi-jet MP900 920 l/h 230 g/h, Maxi-jet MP1200 1100 l/h 295 g/h, the powerhead also has a sponge for filtration also.

Do you think the above is too much or would this be ok in a 30x15x12 tank.

Many Thanks
Dave
Ronap
Forum Follower

Post by Ronap »

Hi Dave

I noticed you're in Rugby, little old Daventry here.

I am no expert but wanted to say hi and let you know that I have a 3ft zeb tank with a Fluval external turning 480l p/h and I also use 2 x 600l p/h powerheads to create a riverflow system with sponge filters run below a slate bottom floor.

The water looks crystal clear and well oxygenated at the mo but there are only 7 young zebs a couple of ottos & apple snails for cleaning up and 12 cardinals for colour.

I have just bought a Tetratec 1200l p/h and if it does well on my community 4ft tank, I may invest in another one for the zebs as they grow up.

Should give you an idea anyway.

All the best.
Rona