Added terrace to tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Defi
Forum Follower

Added terrace to tank

Post by Defi »

Changed tank a bit, I wanted to add a terrace, but now realise a few more plants are needed (on their way :) ), I removed the cardinals and added 5 zebs (4-4.5cm), I see a lot more of them now. going to give it a couple of weeks then start trying to imitate the rainy season.
Picture was taken with snapshot camera, flash makes the tank look much more highly illuminated than it is in reality. Will take a few more without flash when I get the extra crpts.
KTBFFH
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

very nice layout the terrace looks nice its not often you see them,how do you stop uneaten food building up behind the caves,my tank is a similer lay out to yours also i see alot of my zebs its great,you can just look over at the tank and see zebs,

but nice layout :)
Defi
Forum Follower

Post by Defi »

Hi Thanks
Only just finished this layout, so time will tell, there is a lot of water movement eheim 2117, the juwel filter has a 1000 Ltr per hr pump, and 1 1000 ltr per hr powerhead running continously, 2 800 ltr per hrpowerheads are on a timer which kicks in arouind 9am for 2 hrs this creates a current towards to filter inlets. In the previous arangement this worked reasonably well, a very small amout was left in two places which I vacuumed every other day.
Last edited by Defi on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTBFFH
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

ive never thought of that having a power head on a time to create water currents at set times of the day im going to do it i think great idea! :)
Defi
Forum Follower

Post by Defi »

I will introduce some green shrimp (Caridina babaulti ), they get to 3cm and can tolerate 29C, I am waiting for them to grow they are currently 1.5 - 2cm, I did have 20 2cm cherry shrimp but the adult zebs mashed the lot.
In the mean time I will use the vac :)
KTBFFH