L46 tank + My Fish Room (New setup updated @2008/1/4)

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

You will be very lucky if not it will almost be impossible to get hold of any Wild Caught L46 now, unless they are illeagly imported.

Also as some have discussed and found out, you would probably be better of going for some F1 or even F2 if you are able to find any as they will be easyer to breed from and more used to tank conditions/ seem happy and adjust easyer. Also cheaper!

Good luck with finding some and do post pics when you eventually get some!

J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
awth
Groupie

Post by awth »

Zebrapl3co wrote:Damn! That is some nice CRS there. Too bad I don't live in HK. I would soooo trade you my baby zebras on a one for two swap for those Mosura. Did you get your CRS from ASSA?
Those Mosura, are gifts from my friend who owe a CRS shop. I don't buy directly from ASSA, but this friend of mine does and also from famous CRS breeders in Japan.
Jamie24 wrote:You will be very lucky if not it will almost be impossible to get hold of any Wild Caught L46 now, unless they are illeagly imported.

Also as some have discussed and found out, you would probably be better of going for some F1 or even F2 if you are able to find any as they will be easyer to breed from and more used to tank conditions/ seem happy and adjust easyer. Also cheaper!

Good luck with finding some and do post pics when you eventually get some!

8)
Thank you for your info, I am afraid that I may have to consider F1 instead.
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

awth, great looking tanks!
What type of substrate is in your CRS tank? I have notice that type of substrate is very popular with CRS tanks.
Can I purchase it in the States?
awth
Groupie

Post by awth »

Lifted193 wrote:awth, great looking tanks!
What type of substrate is in your CRS tank? I have notice that type of substrate is very popular with CRS tanks.
Can I purchase it in the States?
The substrate is a Japan brand, "Miaima Breeder Shirakura", specially designed for CRS, helps to maintain an ideal ph(6.2-6.8), kh(2-3), gh(4-5) level for CRS and the producer claims that it is nurtient-free for plants. In order to provide enough nurtrient for the plant, I also have a layer of ADA Amazonia soil in the front.

http://rva.jp/shop/shirakura/1.htm

Yes, the use of both substrate are very common throughout Asia. However 1 bag of Miaima Breeder Shirakura = 3 bag of ADA. :oops: But, I am not so sure if they are available in the U.S.
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

awth thanks for the info.
Are you using "Miaima Breeder Shirakura" in your Zebra tank?

Does anybody know if this product is available in the states?
awth
Groupie

Post by awth »

Lifted193 wrote:awth thanks for the info.
Are you using "Miaima Breeder Shirakura" in your Zebra tank?

Does anybody know if this product is available in the states?
For my zebra tank, I am using originary gravel, ph 7.

Correction to my previous thread, I mean 1 bag of Miaima Breeder Shirakura = 3 bags of ADA, in terms of price.
awth
Groupie

Post by awth »

Finally, I have got 5pcs, however, they are yet to sex, please help:

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... 1154#31154

Thank you thank you.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Your tank looks really cool and pratical good look with finding your zebs
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk