does and don'ts in zebra tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

civicblue1993

does and don'ts in zebra tank

Post by civicblue1993 »

hi everyone, i have recently emptyed out one of my tanks ( 35 or 40 tall ) and i would like to turn it into a zebra tank to house my 6 L-46's. i am looking for advice on what to put in the tank. what type of plants to use for them. type of rocks, sand, caves everything and anything will help. want the tank to be the perfect setup. right now i plan to use african cichlid substrate sand the white and black stuff. a bunch of slate caves and some lace rock that i have in some other tanks currently. please gelp me out what do i need to keep them alive and breeding. THANKS IN ADVANCE SEAN
9 x L-46=RIP#10
2 x L-200
1 x L-102
2 x L-83
1 x L-177
16 x ABN blue eyed
12 x ABNLF & BNLF
15 x Synodontis Petricola
15 x Synodontis multi's
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Doesn't lace rock raise pH?

I prefer shallower tanks for zebras.

Bear in mind this info from the article area of the site:
The floor of the xingu is primerily made up of rounded rocks, crevises and a sandy substrate, allowing the hypancistrus zebra to travel throughout it's territory under cover from preditors.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
civicblue1993

thanks

Post by civicblue1993 »

thanks for the advice on the lace rock i didnt know that. and this tall tank that i am useing is the only one that i have with the footprint that i was looking for. which is between a 29 and a 55.
9 x L-46=RIP#10
2 x L-200
1 x L-102
2 x L-83
1 x L-177
16 x ABN blue eyed
12 x ABNLF & BNLF
15 x Synodontis Petricola
15 x Synodontis multi's