Tank Set up

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

rickylbc
Groupie

Tank Set up

Post by rickylbc »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if I could use lace rock for decoration/caves or would this scratch they're tummy?

Is Aqua Clear 70 (AC-300), Aqua Clear 802 (400gph) power head attach to a hydro sponge V enough filtrations and current for 36"L 15"W 17"H (40 gallon tank) good enough,

I'm expecting my first 5 young ones next Saturday, I'm excited...

TIA
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Don't knwo what lace rock is but if it's anything like lava rock then no, definitely not.

In fact I'd say if you have any reservations about using something then it's probably best not to. Most people use slate or some equivalent so if you can find any of that it would probably be best. If you can get a photo of some lace rock then I'd be able to offer a more definite answer.

Plastic Mac
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

Thanks Plastic Mac. here's a picture of a lace rock, I guess I can't use them since their kinda similar to lava rock except for the color.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Lace rock works just fine. I have some in each of my zebra tanks. The bubbles and structure give them many places they can crowd into. Very rarely do my zebras hang upside down on the rock anyway, they just use it to wedge under. Lace rock is a type of volcanic rock that forms bubble structures in Utah and is commonly used for african cichlid tanks, but is inert as far as buffering capacity goes.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

Thanks for the reply Barbie. I'll go ahead and leave them in the tank along with some slate rock.