Bogwood

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

PlecoDamo
Groupie

Bogwood

Post by PlecoDamo »

I was thinking of having loads of this in the new tank i am setting up in a couple of weeks.

Will this be a good idea to have a tank with a lot of this in?

I was going to use R.O, good idea?
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

loads of bogwood is always a good idea as it offers hiding places and somthing for your zebs to rasp upon. just make sure you pre soak the wood as your water will take on a severly brownish tinge if not. You can usually purchase pre soaked wood from display tanks at your LFS. they will cost alot more as they are saturated with water but its either that or waiting a couple of months for the wood to soak.
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

offer plenty of stone aswell especially slate
Carson Passey

Cold wood?

Post by Carson Passey »

I use wood that has fallen into a stream during the winter and decomposed slightly in near freezing water. Although I fully love the wood that my local fish store has, it is rather limited in sizes and shapes. In the spring I travel to the canyon and find wood.

The wood looks different because it is rather smooth on the outside and usually the bark is gone. Wood that has fallen in during the warm months will have a lot of holes in it.