Does anyone know where i can get a sponge pre-filter from?

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

ExoticStripes
Forum Follower

Does anyone know where i can get a sponge pre-filter from?

Post by ExoticStripes »

I have searched every where and can't find any. This is what i am looking for can anyone help please.

andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

try ebay mate, they sell everything.... :twisted:
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

wher abouts are you - I have a feeling you local to me (northampton arnt you??)

I get mine from Hobby fish on the A5 near Stony Stratford - they have large tubs out in their pond bi with all sorts of foams in. ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I don't know if its worth the shipping costs, but http://www.kensfish.com/fishforsale.html sells the Filtermax Prefilters as well as hydrosponges as cheap as I have seen them. He seems to ship internationally and that might be the rub in the cost, especially if one is all you want. He sells a lot of great foods and an assortment of other goodies.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Mine looks just like that. I use the pre-filter sponge for Danner Supreme Mag Drive pump.
ExoticStripes
Forum Follower

Post by ExoticStripes »

Cheers everyone
wher abouts are you - I have a feeling you local to me (northampton arnt you??)

I get mine from Hobby fish on the A5 near Stony Stratford - they have large tubs out in their pond bi with all sorts of foams in.
Yes smithrc i am in Northants :wink: I will try to get to Hobby Fish this weekend.
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Don't the hydrosponges have holes on both ends? If so, they would not be a good prefilter sponge. You want the hole to be on one end only.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The Max prefilters come with a series of adapters. elbows and a plug. The plug goes over the open end as a cap to the strainer part. This allows for stacking them. You remove the plug and use a connector and then the plug covers the open end of the second sponge.

I have them on both my Eheims Pro IIs, a powerhead and a plumbed HOT Magnum intake.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
apistomaster
Forum Follower

Post by apistomaster »

The MagDrive prefilters do come with only one hole so they may just be what you want. The hydrosponge doublends I modify by rubberbanding one end closed when usinging them as prefilters for canister and other filter intake prefilters.
Larry