My first try

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

rhino
Obsessed!!

My first try

Post by rhino »

This is my first try at a breeding setup. Please let me know any comments. Just cant decide if I should have plants. :D

Bobby
Zoban
Groupie

Post by Zoban »

Lookin nice to me ...

I personally like to have plants if it helps any :P
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

with plant or with out plant it is fine for me but what i more concern is the way you lay the slate on the rock (the one in the front that use 3 rocks) it looks easy to collapse.
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Looks nice, but I, too, like the look of plants in the tank.

The 3 rocks does look dangerous. Maybe use some silicone to keep them from falling?

BTW, it looks like you have black gravel as a substrate or is just BB and appears to be a substrate?
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

Thanks for the comments. I did use a dab of silicone on all the rocks just to be safe. Maybe I will still replace them with 1 big rock. I used two 12" x 12" slate tiles on the left and black fine gravel on the right. You cant see them but there is two more caves on the far right and left. From those with experience with plants, what would be a good low light plant?
Bobby
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

low light, no ferts and no co2....... anubias, ferns, moss, and algae :lol:

i would probably go with anubias and ferns since they can attatch to the driftwood and lok really good. the only problemi see is the heat but im sure you will be fine.
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

you could always crank up the lighting and toss in some duckweed, it'd help suck up crud and cut the lighting down to a level that the Zebras wouldn't mind so much maybe
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

Well here it is with more lighting and some Amazon swords. Much better I think. The temp is running a even 80. I'm just wandering if I should put a powerhead in on the right side. Not much current on that side. Also got rid of the three rocks in the front.

Bobby
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Definetely allot nicer!
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

a lot nicer!
Zoban
Groupie

Post by Zoban »

I likes it !!!
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Nice setup... what is the dimension for the tank? How many zebras are you planning to put in there?
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

It's a 33 Gallon ( 125 Liter ) tank. 48" x 12" x 13". I want to get as many zebras as I can afford. :lol: But the tank is in a mini cycle now so it will be awhile before I feel comfortable putting them in.
Bobby