started a new tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi eklikewhoa,

very nice setup. The zebras should do fine in that setup.

Ken
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

kenw, i hope they will be happy in there :D
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

the date is nearing!!!

an empty tank will be filled with zebra's!!!!
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Cool. When are you getting them? How many?
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i will be getting two today hopefully and up to five next week. :D
Parsons

Post by Parsons »

Thats a very nice and clean tank, good luck
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i think i might give up this beautiful dream of owning and breeding zebras.... :cry:

i had two coming yesterday via fedex from a guy in MI with fantasticfins and according to fedex they were delivered at 8am in the morning but i was so eager to recieve these zebras i waited by the door since 7am until about 3pm and never saw anything bigger than a ford van drive by the house.

fedex said they take blame but i dont know to what extent will they take care of and the seller seems to have brushed his hands clean of the situation because he has gotten his money. he even had the nerve to tell me that we both got screwed on the deal, how did we both get screwed when he got his money and i didnt get my package? the seller agreed to ship monday the 11th and accepted my CC which i was willing to do to get them by tuesday but that never happened and i was given the runaround and now this happens.

i figure it would be of some responsibility of the seller since i didnt get my pkg when promised as i was patient with him and now this mess with the shipping company. how am i going to hold someone reliable when the shipper himself has shrugged it?

a very sad day for me and i dont even know what to do about it all anymore. im out of a good chunk of change and no beautiful zebras to show. right now i plan to hold both the shipping comp and the seller responsible, the seller since the plecs were not shipped when promised and the ship company for losing my pkg. i asked if the pkg was insured and the seller didnt insure it since it was live fish? well if the fish died i understand fedex not covering it but it was lost completely!!

no signature required and no insurance purchased for the pkg on the seller's part.

sorry for the venting but this has impacted my love for the hobby greatly.

the problem now is i am suppose to have some more zebras shipped to me in the near future but am weary about the whole idea. i might just make the trip and pick these up personally.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

i suggest to go and pick them up. try to plan for large number of zebra then drive once. if you like the shipping method, then make sure that live arrival guarantee is included. sorry to hear all this. hang in there, good things always happen to good people.
take care
chanettt
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I'm surprised the seller didn't even offer to be partly responsible for not insuring the package or not caring.

Did you already pay for the 2nd set of zebras? If not, maybe negotiate with him about guaranteed live arrival and have it as a written guarantee. Then if he fails, contact CC and claim fraud or something.

A drive from Texas to Michigan to pick up zebras? That's an expensive trip, just on the gas alone.

I wish I could give you the contacts I have here in Illinois, but the ones I know well, would rather not have me advertise for them.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

well the second batch im sure wont go as bad and the breeder isnt that far of a drive probably equivalent to shipping in gas.

the first batch is the one that is from MI and he has already stated that he is not taking a loss period. so i might have to dispute this myself with either the shipping company or my CC company. supposedly this guy is fish store owner in MI he even assured me that he wasnt out to screw anyone when i initially called him and i should have taken that as a sign.

im gonna give the guy a chance though hopefully he will make things right of this. with the guarantee live arrival thing is kinda pointless if you never recieve anything so thats that, i just dont understand why someone would ship such expensive fish and not insure the package itself.

im thinking about driving out to pick up the other zebras which are in tx but next weekend is my fiance's birthday and that is more important to me so i dont know whats gonna happen now. hell im thinking about another plant tank now instead.

:(
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. But you can't let one incident change your plans. Better luck next time.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i have no luck with shipped livestock.

last week i bought 12 red cherry shrimp from a member over at plantedtank forum and when i recieved them they were all dead except two tiny ones. contacted the shipper/seller and he told me he was sorry and that was it. i took pictures like everyone wants when they have dead arrivals but he didnt care. finally he offered $5 return but he got $17 from me for the shrimp.

i did get a nice plant the other day which suffered some heat damage but they are recovering quite well.

i just dont wanna deal with losing any other zebras to shipping or anything at that. maybe it wasnt meant to be. :? obviously im not out to steal anything from anyone especially if i paid in full before anything was shipped. i also paid a good amount more for these two than what the second batch is costing me just so that i could have a different bloodline to work with if these zebras got to breeding.

hopefully all this gets sorted out monday between me, the seller and fedex. who knows maybe i will get some replacements as i would rather have the zebras than the money but anything right now is better than nothing.

guess there's nothing to do now but sit here and wait...
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I saw his other post and I don't think that you would lie to get extra zebras from them in MI. You appeared excited about getting your first 2 zebras. I would have to assume that if you were scheming something that you would keep things kind of quiet for awhile. Hopefully, the package could be recovered and that the zebs are still alive.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

if i were to scheme it i would have bought all that he had, why stop at just two?

i have been really down about this lost but am excited about this coming weekend! i will be making the drive to pick up the second batch of zebras :D and then hopefully fedex does good and replaces the lost which would make it a great turnout. i do have to take the fiance shopping though and i already know whats in store for me when we get there, $1,000 purse(s). if i wanted to scheme something these purses and shoes would be a better way to go i tell you.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

~7hr drive
tank and half of premium gas
one speeding ticket

after it all...................

met up with a member here and picked up some beautiful baby zebras and drove them home. wanna thank the member for offering these to me and for being close enough to drive and pick them up!!! it was really cool to see all the fish you keep and all the tanks especially that monster clown loach.

after a long wait, a disaster which has not been resolved and one long drive out i am now a zebra owner :D