Tank stocking question

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

gringa_54
Forum Follower

Tank stocking question

Post by gringa_54 »

Hey guys...Well i am wondering if it would be okay to put my L46, L262, and my L201 in a 10 gal tank with half inch or a little bigger. I am trying to take some of the bio-load off my 29gal tank...

what do you guys think?
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

It depends greatly on gender... they "might" be ok if they are all female, though I must stress that 10gallons could be too small for three adult plecs.

That is just an opinion, hence please wait for more replies before taking any individual opinion.

Kind regards

Bader.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Post by gringa_54 »

no no...sorry i didnt specify...they are all baby plecs...all under an inch, maybe a little over
Dale90g
Groupie

Post by Dale90g »

I would think that would be ok, give them plenty of hiding spots so they won't battle for them. I am not sure how many you have, one of each or more - since they're babies, you might have spawned them. There will come the time when the 10 isn't big enough for them (no matter how many you have), but you should have time to plan that out. A good reason to get another tank!!
Dale