Juwel tanks

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Juwel tanks

Post by McEve »

I have two Juwel tanks with buildt in filtration. Over time the pumps are loosing capacity, due to not being properly cleaned! The reason for them not being cleaned properly is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to take them apart so that I can rinse them properly. Until now I have used a bottlebrush to try and clean the the inside as good as I can, but it's not good enough in the long run...

Anybody know the secret to dismantling these pumps? :)
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Any chance of a pic of the pwerhead mceve? There are 2 kinds of powerhead and the one i had definatly came apart fully for cleaning. Have you tried rinsing the sponges? I noticed a big difference when they started to get clogged up.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It's the one on the second picture.

I have no trouble rinsing the sponge and actually getting the powerhead out of the black container, it's dismantling the powerhead itself I have trouble with.

Thanks ewee! :D
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

They ones can be dismantled, if a tad fiddly. You'll really need 2 pairs of hands to do it and a couple of small screwdrivers. Im sure you slip a screw driver down the inside of the grey/white bit to unclip the lugs on both sides, im sure there is 4 clips.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I'veseen the 4 clips you refer to, but I've been afraid to use force on it. But if you're sure that's what's holding it together then I'll use a tad more violence on it :)
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

LOL, yes they are the ones. I had mine appart so id give it a try.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Heh, I did it - I'm so good 8)

The powerhead is back to normal capacity. Thanks ewee ;)
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Hey no problems McEve, :)