Fish Hut

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

John

Post by John »

Nice fish house andrew!
Sorry to hear sumps are not for you, i work with them for several years and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, they are definetily the best filters you could wish for.
As long as you keep a small sponge filter running in each tank you can allways separate a tank from the big cycle if problems would occur.
Personally i don't have any noise problems anmore with the piping system, but had some in the past and came over it with a few solutions.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Nice fishouse. I'm surprised you didn't paint the bottoms and backs of the tanks to eliminate the reflections and make it easier to see the fish.
stanchung
Forum Follower

Post by stanchung »

I think the reflections are unavoidable if you have tanks lit positioned facing each other.
As a suggestion, you could pull a black curtain behind you or turn the lights of the opposing tanks off.

Looks like the zebs are warming up! :D
Regards

Stan
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

John wrote:Nice fish house andrew!
Sorry to hear sumps are not for you, i work with them for several years and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, they are definetily the best filters you could wish for.
As long as you keep a small sponge filter running in each tank you can allways separate a tank from the big cycle if problems would occur.
Personally i don't have any noise problems anmore with the piping system, but had some in the past and came over it with a few solutions.
Hello John
What i find too loud is the water draining back into the sump through the 40mm grey waste pipe.
It is not noise when it enters the sump, but when it is actually draining through the pipe.
Maybe used too large a pipe to drain the tanks and can only think that the noise would have been less if i had used a smaller pipe.

How did you combat noise in your systems ?
snr69
Obsessed!!

Post by snr69 »

this looks amazing :-)

great job...
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Hi nice fish hut.

Im back from lurking again :D
Thebuddy is planning his tank