New Tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Owenodin
Forum Follower

New Tank

Post by Owenodin »

Thanks to one of our members who decided to part with his zebras, I moved some snowball plecos (that were keeping the tank warm for my eventual zebra purchase) and gave my new zebras a home last night! I know the pictures aren't the highest quality but I am excited and wanted to share my tank! I'm hoping to make some adjustments/upgrades as the zebras settle in, but this is it for now. I have 3 zebras each a little under 2". I'd like to add 3 or 4 more of similar size as well, in the near future.

20 Gallon Long -- Temperature is 82 F, pH is about 7.8. gH is 8, kH is 4. Filtration is an Eheim 2213 and a sponge filter.
IMG_1961.JPG
Also including two closer-up shots of each side ... more than happy to receive comments and/or constructive criticism -- this is only my 2nd day of zebra ownership so I am sure I have a lot to learn! Again sorry for the so-so quality, I don't have an actual camera. The water does have a brownish tint, from some india almond leaves.
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1963.JPG
Charles
Forum Follower

Re: New Tank

Post by Charles »

Hi Owenodin

Your tank looks nice. Like the blue light you got going there. You're water is a bit hard, try to get it softer, but do it slowly and over a extended period of time. Weeks not hours.