Survival rate

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI McEve

If it is the first spawn, then they may just be a little weak. Nothing to do with yourself. Likewise, good idea to minimise the water changes, andif you do a water change try and match the temp well, and make sure it's well de-chlorinated.

The reason blood worm can kill the fry is beacause they have a very small digestive tract and intestine. As the blood worms are long, and the skins relatively hard to digest, they can get caught up in the fish. Can't see the eggs beinga problem, and I shouldn't imagine they would "over eat" granular food.

good luck

rob
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It is the first spawn of that particular combination, and also from the brood where I stole the eggs.....

I haven't lost any more, but right now they are sitting in a tub acclimatizing to the new tank, so here's crossing my fingers that they will thrive in their new home.

The paramters are all the same in the new tank compared to the parents tank, so I hope it will work out ok.

Thanks to all for the feedback!