Fruits

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

wu19
Groupie

Fruits

Post by wu19 »

Do zebra plecos eat fruits? My list of foods is daphnia,cyclop-eez,earthworm sticks,shrimp pellets,Thera a+ with garlic and I feed zucchini boiled with garlic. Now as far as mango or watermelon would they eat? If they did I was thinking of feeding them zucchini one week and another fruit the other week.
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Re: Fruits

Post by vanillarum »

I have never tried fruits, but mine will not touch zucchini. They will go for some shelled and mashed peas (as will all my fish) once in a while. And frozen bloodworms - I use the minis. Let us know how the fruit works out. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I feed mine an assortment of foods, and like vanillarum, have found mine won't touch zuchini. I do feed them spirulina with garlic and paprika every Saturday and will mix earthworm and veggie sticks in a ratio of about 2-1. Mine also get a staple flake every now and then which includes veggies as well as NLS in some form which also contain fruit and veggies. But they also eat a lot of meaty foods.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

Thanks guys for your help.
jsalas623
Groupie

Post by jsalas623 »

Ive fed mine Cucumber which they seem to like