Can you see the eggs inside the female?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

LuckyGuppy
Forum Follower

Can you see the eggs inside the female?

Post by LuckyGuppy »

Hi All,

Yesterday, I was changing the water and looking at the tank from the underside. I have a thin layer of sand on the bottom of my tank, but some spots are bare from where the sand has moved around. Anyway, I've been conditioning my fish for weeks and they've gotten a lot chubbier. While I was looking at the tank from the underside (and had turned the tank light on) I was looking at their bellies to see how big they got and in at least one of the fish that I suspected to be a female, I thought I saw small spheres inside of her (eggs?). Has anyone toplit their fish and seen what they thought to be eggs in the female? These spheres appeared to be right above her vent. I would never be able to take a picture of this.
Fern
Obsessed!!

Re: Can you see the eggs inside the female?

Post by Fern »

Its quite possible. Like the gravid spot on live bearers is the developed fry I would assume that on some fish under just the right light and just the right angel and just the right time Its quite possible to see the eggs!
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Re: Can you see the eggs inside the female?

Post by mistern2005 »

Yes, I can see the eggs in gravid females. The yellowish color of the eggs seen in the female is the most notable change for me, especially apparent by flashlight at night.
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...