any pics of what a pregnant female zebra looks like?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Re: any pics of what a pregnant female zebra looks like?

Post by Jamie24 »

Heres another...

J
L046 x 16 + Fry
planted90
Groupie

Post by planted90 »

Hi Jamie24

How long after did this girl breed or is this a current pic? Also how long is she(3"?) I have one that is pushing 4" but i am not 100% sure its a female. I just know its the only zeb in my colony that is really round, but longer and rounder then yours. I read in a couple of posts that males can have that look, but this one is really round shaped compared to any of my other zebs.
Bob
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

First pic, she bred about 1 week after photo was taken. second pic, she hasnt bred yet, only just got her, but wont be long before she pops..

Post some pics of yours and will try and sex it for you.

J
L046 x 16 + Fry
planted90
Groupie

Post by planted90 »

For me that going to be a tall order. I spent hours trying to take pics with my older dig cam and I am probably one of the worst camera operators around. It is also complicated by the fact that I was so worried I might end up killing my zebs that I went way over size and put my zebs in a 90 gallon tank with plants to cover my worries about caring for these guys. So plus for me my water is always sparkling clean, lots of oxygen, but trying to get pics is a pain without a partial teardown.

I think I'll try get a new cam for now and try taking some more pics and not risk stressing my fat zeb til I can tell if it's just a really fat male or a female. But this zeb is really fat and I have 12 caves of various sizes that barely anybody uses and the fat zeb kind of just hangs out in a 4" x 4" ledge and just moves around there so that is why I am not sure what I have.

I do not know if I will ever be able to sex these zebras but this site has provided me with the most info and the most helpful people.

Thanks
Bob
Fern
Obsessed!!

Post by Fern »

If I get anything from them there will be tons of pics and I will be running around doing the happy dance I'm sure :wink:
Tankfull Tropicals
Forum Follower

Post by Tankfull Tropicals »

Fern wrote:Mine is about the same. They are in a 30g tank so I am thinking of doing 5-10 gallons of RO water a tad cooler than the tank water and during a thunder storm.

I have tried all sorts of trick with these guys! I have even used a watering can to put in new water after a water change so its more like rain :roll: Been working with them for 2 years now..... They are even more stubborn than discus when it comes to breeding!
Hi Fern. How long have you had your fish. I have 7 3-4 in. and can not see any sexual distinctions yet. Are your fish wild ones and what foods do you feed :?: :)
" Always be Tankfull "
Fern
Obsessed!!

Post by Fern »

2 are 3-4" and are wild, 3 are 2-3" and are F1.
Usually carnivore pellets or massivore delight by hikari and new life spectrum thera A. I feed them at lights out so blood worms and other frozen treats are kinda rare....
On the wild ones I know I have a male and female and my bit\g girl is fat but nothing yet.....