breeding behaviour

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

whitey
Forum Follower

breeding behaviour

Post by whitey »

hi there guys,

i have 2 male zebras and 2 females that have been recently been put in their own tank, the water conditions are spot on for breeding but i wondered if you could tell me if this behaviour is breeding behaviour or not....... one of the males has taken root in a ceramic breeding cave that is within set within a slate structure,the female is hovering around the top of the ceramic breeding cave but is not actually trying to get in it with the male..is this the start of breeding behaviour????

thanks
krisA20
Groupie

Re: breeding behaviour

Post by krisA20 »

Looks for me like a start, if the female just shows alittle bit interest in the males cave.
Then with good feeding and some big waterchanges they might breed :)
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Agreed, condition them up and fingers crossed.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi guys, sounds promising behaviour my females normally show interest around the males cave before they take the plunge!
Big male or smaller male in the cave?
The fish should already be well conditioned & are capable of breeding anytime, I had been feeding them well for years!
I have just got back & have been greated with a hatching of a fry, I can't see past the male to see if there is anymore but fingers crossed. :clap:
Goodluck with yours, Steve :wink:
whitey
Forum Follower

Post by whitey »

hi steve,hope you had a good break....fantastic news about the fry!!!! cant tell which male it is at the moment, he aint coming out the the cave, but the female doesnt seem to be hovering around any more, not sure if this is usual

fingers crossed its a good sign though