77 G enough for 10 Zebras?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

How many zebras do you have in your colony?

1-3
No votes
4-6
25%
7-10
50%
11-15
8%
16+
17%

Total votes: 12

Rudy

77 G enough for 10 Zebras?

Post by Rudy »

Hi Everyone
I'm just wondering if a 77G ( 47"L x 15"W x 24"H) would be enough to house 10 fully grown adult Zebras. Keep in mind that there will be 5 bell caves and a fair amount of slate for cover. My are still fry but I'm looking to the future.
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Re: 77 G enough for 10 Zebras?

Post by vanillarum »

I would say that that size tank is plenty big enough for 10 full grown (which won't happen for quite a while, mind you !) zebras. You don't want the tank too big, as they don't scavenge far for food. I have 10 sub adults in a 40 gal breeder, and they seem to be doing fine, having been in there for close to 3 years. I would suggest adding more caves than the 5 you stated. I have a cave for each fish. And are you talking about Boester bells ? I have 1 of those in my zebra tank, but they are rather large for zebras, so I use a few other sizes and let the fish choose. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth