New zebra pleco development....

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

mistern2005
Obsessed!!

New zebra pleco development....

Post by mistern2005 »

Last night I completed making the little holding trap for the fry - basically a clear plastic convalescence continter modified to have screens on three sides. My plan was to pull the fry this week as I can tell some are getting quite large, with very distnct zebra stripes :D

This morning I checked the cave to look at the babies. Lloyd (the male that spwaned) has someone trapped in the cave with him. I am not sure if it's a "friend" or foe, but Lloyd has been doing a great job, so I believe he is trying to spawn again.

Not sure what's happeneing, or if this will thwart my plan to put the babies into a seperate tank, so stay tuned...
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Re: New zebra pleco development....

Post by mistern2005 »

Well, no new spawn...I can still see existing fry in with the dad. Still not sure how many fry I got from the spawn.

Since there weren't' new eggs, I thought about pulling the babies last night, but their new tank still has about of week of cycling left to do and I didn't want to chance it.

Things have definitely gotten exciting.
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...