Need Advice

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Asago
Forum Follower

Need Advice

Post by Asago »

I have a 20 gallon long (29 in. long) tank with 4 adult zebras (lots of rocks and caves), two have paired and have spawned twice, the fry make it until the male kicks them out and then they disappear, I believe that the other two adults in with the pair are males. I had two quick spawns back to back starting in Sept. and one in Dec. In January I noticed that the spawning male was injured in a fight and has not tried to take up residency in any of the caves provided, hence, no spawning. These are young zebs and the two spawns were their first. Should I remove the other two males? Could they be the reason for the fry disappearing? Is it necessary to keep more than just the pair in the tank to insure future spawns? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
L46 x 4, L134 x 4, L135 x 4
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Re: Need Advice

Post by GrubbyGirl »

Asago wrote:I have a 20 gallon long (29 in. long) tank with 4 adult zebras (lots of rocks and caves), two have paired and have spawned twice, the fry make it until the male kicks them out and then they disappear, I believe that the other two adults in with the pair are males. I had two quick spawns back to back starting in Sept. and one in Dec. In January I noticed that the spawning male was injured in a fight and has not tried to take up residency in any of the caves provided, hence, no spawning. These are young zebs and the two spawns were their first. Should I remove the other two males? Could they be the reason for the fry disappearing? Is it necessary to keep more than just the pair in the tank to insure future spawns? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure the fry are there somewhere you may have to strip down the tank to find them. For everything I've read baby's are quite safe with adults.