New Era

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

MalawiBob
Forum Follower

New Era

Post by MalawiBob »

I have just bought myself a second group of 6 x 8cm WC L046 (2 males & 4 females) from francis Chen and was wondering if anybody is feeding their Zebs on New Era pellets and if so what results are you getting, I have been a member for a while now, but lost my last group of Zebs, and the consencise on here was a prawn I had fed them for the first time was the culprit, so want to make sure of anything I feed them from now on is good and will not harm them.

Cheers for yor replies in advance
Only two things mix well with water, Cichlids & Whisky
Zeb-Plecos-FXu
Forum Follower

On the menu

Post by Zeb-Plecos-FXu »

Hi Bob
I have bought L046s from Francis in the past, and they were a bit on the skinny side, they soon put weight on and with in two months the females started spawning :lol: . I feed my group once a day in the evening.
On the mixed MENU is:
Tetra variety wafers x4
Tetra Prima 2 small pinches
Hikari sinking carnivore pellets x4
ZM large premium granular 2 small pinches

(FRESH) blood worm once every two weeks, three bags in the tank lasts them two days, (not fed to fry).
I have a 400lt BB tank with 25 adults and 17 fry in a breeder trap. I feed the fry on a small amounts of ZM and T prima. I started my group off three and a half years a go and all my zebras look fit and healthy. Hope this helps. Reg Mark
Jaz
Groupie

Re: New Era

Post by Jaz »

MalawiBob wrote:I have just bought myself a second group of 6 x 8cm WC L046 (2 males & 4 females) from francis Chen
Nice, how can we get our hands on zebz like that? :)
MalawiBob
Forum Follower

Re: On the menu

Post by MalawiBob »

Cheers for that Mark,

I was carrying on the feeding regime that Francis was using of Tetra Prima, Beefheart & Bloodworm. I am now going to give them some of the food you suggested. Group of 25 thats a nice size, must be great to see them breed, if it happens for me I will be delighted.

Zeb-Plecos-FXu wrote:Hi Bob
I have bought L046s from Francis in the past, and they were a bit on the skinny side, they soon put weight on and with in two months the females started spawning :lol: . I feed my group once a day in the evening.
On the mixed MENU is:
Tetra variety wafers x4
Tetra Prima 2 small pinches
Hikari sinking carnivore pellets x4
ZM large premium granular 2 small pinches

(FRESH) blood worm once every two weeks, three bags in the tank lasts them two days, (not fed to fry).
I have a 400lt BB tank with 25 adults and 17 fry in a breeder trap. I feed the fry on a small amounts of ZM and T prima. I started my group off three and a half years a go and all my zebras look fit and healthy. Hope this helps. Reg Mark
Zeb-Plecos-FXu
Forum Follower

Post by Zeb-Plecos-FXu »

Hi Bob some photos of my set-up and eggs just before they start to hatch. I use egg tumblers imported from the USA a good investment and you get to see hatching and fry growth up close 100% fry survival, Good luck with your group. :D
MalawiBob
Forum Follower

Post by MalawiBob »

Zeb-Plecos-FXu wrote:Hi Bob some photos of my set-up and eggs just before they start to hatch. I use egg tumblers imported from the USA a good investment and you get to see hatching and fry growth up close 100% fry survival, Good luck with your group. :D
Nice pics, Like the eggs. Nice tank setup, you have given me some ideas for my setup.

Cheers
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Fantastic set up and great pics :)
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Nice pics & set up.
We will have to swap some fry in the future, if your interested?
I'm only 30 mins from you! :)
Zeb-Plecos-FXu
Forum Follower

Strippey >>>>>>>>Bullets

Post by Zeb-Plecos-FXu »

Hi Stevie yes i`m interested in swopping fry in the future. :D Cheers Mark
Zeb-Plecos-FXu
Forum Follower

Setup

Post by Zeb-Plecos-FXu »

Hi Bob
i`m pleased you like my setup :lol: , they love the pebble and slate sandwiches etc. Cheers Mark
MalawiBob
Forum Follower

Re: Setup

Post by MalawiBob »

i`m pleased you like my setup :lol: , they love the pebble and slate sandwiches etc. Cheers Mark
Mark,

Where did you get your egg tumbler from?
MalawiBob
Forum Follower

Re: Setup

Post by MalawiBob »

Mark,

Where did you get your egg tumbler from?
Zeb-Plecos-FXu
Forum Follower

Post by Zeb-Plecos-FXu »

Hi Bob
The usual place on the net starting with E ending with Y :wink: Item number 16035160089 cheers Mark :attacked: