How much frozen food?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

GrubbyGirl
Groupie

How much frozen food?

Post by GrubbyGirl »

When I feed solid food to my zebs there is always food to be hoovered up in the morning, but when I feed frozen bloodworm or brineshrimp there isn't a single scrap left in the morning. Now I am sure some gets sucked into the filter, though I do switch off for an hour when I feed it. So now I am wordeing if I am feeding enough. How much frozen should I feed 6 adult zebs?
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I think part of the problem is that most frozen foods are actually water which makes it hard to compare amounts. I would suggest you merely cut back some on the "solid" food and increase the amount on the frozens. How much to feed is always a trial and error type thing that involves learning how much of what one's fish will eat.

As a rule I don't turn off filters etc. for feeding. Almost 100% have sponged intakes which enables the fish to get at any food that gets sucked onto the sponge.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

I'm just about to move over to an external filter so that will help. They are funny little beggers, I've tried a whole prawn a few times and they barely touch it!